Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wednesday

Wed. 4/25​​

So, still waking up ridiculously early, but at least it was a better nights sleep. I also got to partake in some holiday inn style breakfast, which was delicious and nourishing. In case anyones curious, your body can only survive 3 days on pita bread and peanutbutter before you just cant function.

We went to coventry cathedral, which was a cathedral that was bombed and then the remains left as a memorial to the church, with a rebuilt modern church beside it. You can see the structure and a few of the windows and sculptures through this huge window in the back of the new church, so it feels like they're connected

The new church was very modern, something I hadn't seen before- most newer churches I can think of just look like big fire halls, but this one had modern sculptures and huge engraved wooden plaques- the pictures can explain way better than I can.

We got in an exciting little tiff with a truck driver- we were going through the intersection and had stopped, but this truck was coming straight for us (on my side, I might add) to t-bone our coach. Instead, he swerves, parks in front of our coach so we can't move, and jumps out to bang on the bus door and yell all sorts of obscenities that our very Scottish feisty driver was all too happy to engage in. It made us thankful, once again, that Marc and Ted and Jeff have all been so level headed through everything.

We were supposed to see cotswold sites to take our pictures, because apparently its really pretty, but it was raining way too much for us to enjoy that so instead Marc took us to the park wood house, which just happened to be on the way home. It was an old mansion with a garden in the back, but it had "yew" trees, which was a big deal, I think. Sometimes we just get thrown into stuff we never learned about and I just assume everything they tell us was because it was a big deal at some point. Meghan John and I were more ingerested in the Ewes, actually.

Finally, we saw our second Shakespearean play- "twelfth night". If anyone has seen "she's the man", it's loosely based off the play (loosely, I emphasize). I didn't love the actress playing the main character, but it was still done very well otherwise. I stayed up late the night before, so I'm going to bed early to get ready for another big day of exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment