Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wednesday; Harry Potter day!

Found out this morning that the Tube workers are going on strike on Tuesday, which is the day we leave for stratford via coach. We just barely avoided that inconvenience, thank goodness. I can't even imagine trying to deal with that.

We went to the British museum for our day activity, but I didn't know anything in it and was really just over it. Don't get m wrong, the museums have been cool, but now that we're getting into the plays that's what I'm interested in. Plus, today was Harry potter day, so I was a bit proccupied.

I wandered around down near the museum before it was time for us to leave, and found a subway (like, the sandwhich restaurant) and a grocery store. It gave me a chance to pick up some lunch, since we wouldn't have time between Harry potter at 1 and our play at 7.

It was quite the adventure getting to harry potter. We had to take two metro switches to the overground, where we had to pay on our oyster card to get into the further districts.we were lucky that we got there 10 minutes before the next train. It took about 45 minutes, but we got to leaves don, where the Harry potter bus picked us up and brought us to the studio.

It was amazing. I saw EVERYTHING. Costumes, props, sets. The people working there were mostly extras in the movie that were huge Harry potter buffs. I got butter beer, which was delicious, and the whole thing last about 2 hours, but I could have stayed longer. You start in a theater, watch an intro movie, then go straight into the great hall. They give you a Mini guided tour, then set you free into this huge room of everything you could ever want to see. Then as you come out of there, about an hour later, you're in the backlot where you see the houses and the night bus and some snack shops. Then you walk into another studio where you see even more stuff.finally, you turn the corner and go into diagon alley, and walk through to the huge model of Hogwarts. It was at this point I was so overwhelmed I cried, which is probably the reaction I should have had for Michelangelo. But this is my childhood.

Went to the gift shop, got some stuff I don't need- it was expensive though, so i wasn't able to shop for anyone else,which made me sad. I didn't get myself a ravenclaw shirt, but I figured that's something I can get anywhere.

We booked itback to the train, which I jumped on and then the doors shut before the other three got on. I just turned around and saw them still on the platform, and my eyes got huge. I went back to the theater alone then,and made it in time- the next train didn't leave for a while, so they ended up having to rush.

We saw "moon over a rainbow shawl", which I hated. I'm kind of curious to hear what Thomas or uncle Peter think of it, but to me it was just an unrelatable winey poor person show. Wah, my husband is a drunk,and I'm poor, and the mean land lord makes me pay for my apartment,and my daughter got a scholarship but can't afford a uniform. Wah, I'm pregnant and the dad is leaving town. Wah, I'm a prostitute and my fiance doesnt like that. It just seemed really formulated. Also, any show that just ends with two crying people hugging each other is lame. You aren't lofty and artistic,you're just lazy. Make a damn conclusion.

So, getting gradually more and more homesick. Ready to keep moving and get to the end of this marathon. I don't mean to complain, and this is a great opportunity; but you can only go without sleeping and eating and so many overwhelming opportunities. I'm officially starting to drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment