Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tuesday in London


So, I knew I loved London, but when I got up for breakfast and they served me bacon and eggs with toast, it solidified the union. We are going to live happily ever after.

We started with Westminster Abbey, which was completely different from what I expected but still very cool. We got little walking tour buddies, these hand held Walkman type things that give you and audio tour as you walk through. I learned a lot compared to if I just stumbled around trying to find things. Poets corner was easily my favorite.

Then we went to the banqueting hall, which was super lame in comparison. Basically it was the first example of baroque story building in London, but really not very flashy baroque compared to what was going on in Italy. So it was just a sad comparison. Like "this is what they were doing when the Italians were making all those awesome churches". Sorry London.

We went to the national gallery, which was free, and saw some more art. Meghan and I walked around and adventured, until it started raining and hailing . Silly London weather. Then we stopped for lunch, I grabbed some groceries, and ran back to the hotel for a little nap before our play.

We saw "she stoops to conquer" at the national theater, and I loved it. Way funnier than when we watched the video during class, although s lot of people were surprised that it was 3 hours long. I'm so happy though; I went through all the art galleries for all the art history people, and now we finally get to get into the theater and English parts of the trip.

I'm getting gradually more home sick, but only 8 more days after today. I'm deffinitely ready to come home, but I'm not sure about the adjustment from going to constantly moving and carrying my suitcase to staying in one space. It sounds so nice and comfortable, but I was also getting used to this too.

But, no. I'm ready for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment