Monday, April 16, 2012

Friday- I'n catching up, I swear

I let myself sleep in a little bit today, but then it occurred to me that 8:30 has become "sleeping in", which feels like a very grow up accomplishment. My 9am sign language class isn't sounding so bad next semester.

Laundry day means hauling everything in plastic bags down two blocks to the tiny laundromat and relearning how the machines work- these ones were easier than the ones in Italy, and I could understand the directions a little better as well. There was a woman who kept coming in and muttering to herself, then she would go play with the dryers and get frustrated and yell at them, then leave while talking to herself about something upsetting, having to do with dryers. A little unnerving, but hardly exciting.

I went on the metro to make an excursion to northern Paris to see moulin rouge. We were instructed to not go far north, because it was shady (kind of like the elephant graveyard). I wanted to see it though, and so little Paige got herself into the red light district of Paris. I've probably never been sexually harassed more in my life, but it was daytime and I am here to tell the story. Moulin rouge, kind of disappointing. Not really a big deal at all.

I wanted to get myself a nice pair of earrings, but apparently this is an impossible task. I found a comic book district; thought about getting something for Harry, but most of it was English stuff anyways. Sorry brudder. The whole day was just a lot of that; wandering around and not finding what I wanted. I found a store in the 3rd district, but it was more like a pawn shop, and I gave up.

I wanted to go to musee d'orsay since I wasn't into it when we went the first time, but it was closed. Then it started to rain, and I ran into a little boutique to hide, where I found some stupid souvenirs for people. So even though the day was a failure as far as my goals, I did successfully get some gifts, and proved my metro mastery.

Now meghan and I are spending the night in, talking about what we've seen so far and how the rest of our lives could possibly compare. I don't know how to hold on to everything I've learned and the changes in myself, but still adapt to being back home. Something to consider. It's like a bigger version of when I left for college; I changed, but nothing else at home did.

No comments:

Post a Comment