Monday, April 16, 2012

Wednesday

Ok, so I'm writing this on saturday night, and have almost no recollection of this day other than what I have in my notes. I fell behind, whoops.

We went to the jardin des plants (literally garden of plants) and spent some time there. It was pretty, the weather cooperated, and that's all I remember. There are some cute
Pictures of flowers on my camera. I think we also went to jardin de Luxembourg, which was a similar experience.

We went to the Louvre...but it was crowded, and I was dealing with stuff that was making me cranky, so Meghan just looked at me and said "does your brain not want to go to the louvre today?" so instead we left and wandered around a shopping area, where I found some cute clothes I didn't buy. We can go back during our free day (to the louvre, not the stores).

Anyway, the big exciting part of today was the Eiffel tower! John Meghan and I walked there from a metro stop not nearly close enough for my little legs to like, and then we got our tickets to walk to the second floor. I forget how many steps, but it was a workout, and definitely uncomfortably high, if you aren't a heights person. We opted to go to the top, which required the lift. I'm so glad we did it though; it was SO pretty, and we could see all of the city. We probably stayed up there for almost an hour; we came back down when it was dark. You have to walk the bottom floors (well, you can pay extra for the lift, but we didn't) and my knees were pretty shaky by the end of it.

I sprinted to the bottom though, because st every hour for 5 minutes the tower lights up and sparkles, but it's prettier from further away. I ended up getting myself a stick of cotton candy bigger than my head, and after the five minutes were up we walked back to the hotel. Only we didn't, because we ended up in a circle...and then an hour later, we watched it light up again.

On our way home we crossed a bridge that has all sorts of graffiti on it. I told them to wait, I wanted to read it p, and Meghan replied with "it says megha. Wants cheesecake, let's go!". Turns out it was the bridge princess Diana died under, and it was covered in notes of remembrance to her. Very cool to stumble upon.

So that was as much as I remember about Wednesday! Sorry to keep everyone waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment