Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday -free day!


For my free day I planned on doing the Magical Mystery Tour, a 6 pound walking tour of Beatles sites. We saw clubs and theaters they played in, Paul's offices, the building they performed on the roof of (abercrombie and Fitch just bought it) and other little areas in Westminster. It ended at Abbey road and the studio. I did NOT take a picture walking across it, because it isn't even a cross walk anymore and the people that do it are just running out in front of traffic. There's even a fence around it to try and discourage people. I'm such a grouch about this, and I know I'm no fun, but I hate touristy pictures like that, especially when I'm inconveniencing other people that don't want to stop for the stupid tourist in the middle of the road. I can just imagine driving to work everyday and watching people standing at the side of the road every time, waiting to run out and pose.

End rant.

It was a little sunny out still, so I walked to Hyde park and stopped at the palace to take some pictures. The London marathon was today, and though I couldn't get close enough to see the runners I was still in the middle of the crowd for a while. The park was lovely, but by the time I got through all the other stuff it had started to rain again, so I took the tube back to the hotel.

Meghan and I found each other, and we hadn't caught up on what had been going on for a while so we went to a cafe and did some journals and chatted. It was nice, since we're in the same place for a lot of things on the trip, and have some of the same worries. We got some journals done and talked about what we expected of Stratford, which we leave for on Tuesday.

I got back to the hotel and did some laundry in the sink, which proved easier than finding a place to hang the clothes to dry. Our room is looking pretty ridiculous right now, but at least I won't run out of socks and underwear before next week. Now I'm chowing on some noodles I over-microwaved and watching the French elections. I've packed and unpacked my suitcase a few times, and I can fit everything in it easily, but I'm not sure about the weight for the flight back. It seems unlikely that I've accumulated 20 pounds, but you never know...

Tomorrow is our day trip to Stonehenge, and well have lots of time on our private coach,which you all know is my favorite way to travel :) I'm looking forward to an easy day that someone else has planned for me. Im currently busy planning my time at home, but I bet I'll get burnt out much before I think. I know I'm getting ahead of myself with things, but I just want to keep this momentum!

No comments:

Post a Comment