Friday, April 20, 2012

A foggy day in London town.

But seriously. They aren't joking about this weather.

Today was a boring day (but in an excellent way. I needed it).

We walked around a church that was too expensive to go in, and then walked around to enjoy the nice weather. On our way to the next museum we crossed the millennium bridge- for a frame of reference, the walking bridge that the death eaters twist to shit in the 6th(?) Harry potter movie to scare all the muggles.

We went to the Tate modern, which is the modern and contemporary art museum of London. I just don't get it. Some of it was closer to pop art though, so I wasn't completely lost, and there's also interactive computers to help you out.

After that... Shopping, wandering in the rain, and an Americanized lunch led me eventually to the hotel, where I've spent most of the day finishing journal entries and watching British reality tv. I'm just tired of being in the rain. I went grocery shopping and have some nice snacks for the next few days (I am currently obsessing over digestive biscuits).

Basically nothing to report, other than I bought my ticket to see Sweeney Todd tomorrow, which I am so so excited for. I want to see Chicago, but it's just going on my list for when I'm home; it doesn't make sense to see it anywhere but in Chicago. But Sweeney Todd in London?

My life just keeps getting cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment